Do you hate marketing?
If you do, you’re not alone.
“Marketing” is one of those words that can strike so many feelings into the heart of any entrepreneur … and love is typically NOT one of them!
Which words or phrases come to mind for you when you think about marketing?
- Marketing scares me.
- It makes me feel inauthentic.
- I don’t even know where to start.
- I know what to do but not how or when or how often.
- Do I have to?
- I hate it!
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times: marketing is the lifeblood of any business. When you market effectively, you bring in a constant flow of new prospects, and therefore, a steady cash flow.
• You started your business because you have a specific product or service to offer, NOT because you wanted to become an expert marketer.
• You know how to deliver your product or service, but you don’t know how to market.
• You’re a business person and (unless your business is marketing), your business isn’t marketing.
Let me ask you a question: Are you being totally honest with yourself when it comes to your feelings about marketing?
Do you really hate marketing?
Or are you feeling something else?
What if I told you that I could almost guarantee that you could find a type of marketing you enjoy, one you’re good at, and you could use it to grow your business effectively?
But first, you’ll need to shift your perspective around marketing.
In this episode of Flip It! I talk about how to determine whether you really hate marketing, and what to do about it so that you can take advantage of this powerful, necessary tool for growing your business.
(And if you’re wondering exactly how you can get everything you want simply by flipping your perspective? Check out the first episode here.)